Posted on 11/5/2020
Role: Senior Manager Edge Cloud Services
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Location: Remote due to COVID (after covid in Atlanta, GA)
This Sr. PM position is in Dr. Nancy Li's team, she is the Director of the Edge Cloud team at COX Communications. Nancy will be in charge of hiring and your resume will directly go to her.
The New Growth & Development organization is focused on identifying and analyzing areas of future growth and plans to achieve sustained and balance growth across the enterprise.
The group is now hiring a Senior Manager for our Cox Edge/Cloud Services team. This role is responsible for all aspects of strategic initiative management throughout the program lifecycle while driving the business hypothesis for new growth businesses. This includes strategic planning, scope, schedule, budget, and risk management as well as demonstrating continuous alignment of objectives with the strategic direction of the organization. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of program leadership methodologies with experience leading complex projects and programs in a matrixed resource environment.
This role has two primary responsibilities:
1. Growth opportunity incubation and innovation tied to the commercialization of new business opportunities within Cloud’s new frontier, Edge Computing.
2. Leadership of Cox’s Edge Computing deployment
This Sr. Manager will report to the business owner of Edge services and be required to present and interact with senior leadership of Cox Communications and across the wider enterprise. This role will ensure that definition, strategy, operational readiness and product performance are effectively delivered and aligned to the Corporate Strategy and Theme/initiative Owners.
1. DRIVE INNOVATION FOR THE EDGE CLOUD BUSINESS
• Create the Edge Cloud strategic roadmap and shape the direction of the business based on analysis of trends and customer needs, partnerships, competition and emerging technologies
• Develop Edge solution concepts and the go to market strategy for the the commercial edge solutions while identifying and evaluating new growth opportunities
• Work closely with local Cox teams and customers on the ground to better understand, frame and prioritize customer issues and needs
• Understand the technology landscape and develop technology breakthroughs and developments that may adequately solve for customer needs via partner discovery and close collaboration with the Edge Cloud product and technology team
• Negotiate and onboard select partners that can help Cox improve and scale its offering and bring disruptive solutions to cities and communities
• Manage partners, third party relationships to develop and/or deliver effective technology solutions
• Employ a high level of critical thinking and analysis bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or departmental problems.
• Participate in identifying, evaluating, and negotiating acquisitions, investments, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and start-ups in support of Edge Cloud portfolio of products, services and intellectual property.
• Lead the assessment and valuation of new business opportunities and potential threats to sustainability of current business plans.
• Work with industry peers, partners, suppliers, and key organizations, etc. to understand, influence, and communicate technology trends and requirements to support Edge Computing products and services.
• Works closely with a cross-functional team including the field, finance, legal, engineering, marketing, operations, IT, Cox Business, and others to develop a consensus around and support for the strategy.
2. PREPARE & MAINTAIN THE PLAN
• Establish and maintain a working partnership with business owners, executives and project teams to rationalize business objectives & business priorities.
• Establish a plan for program tracking and control including processes for management of the program.
• Translate program objectives into integrated plans, schedules and budgets.
• Oversees the overall management of related projects specific to the defined program.
• Produce relevant program management deliverables such as plans on a page, project plans, program objectives, business case, program charter, risk assessment plan, stakeholder assessment, communication plans, issue/risk logs, benefits tracking, and program status reports.
• Provide guidance to the team on development and execution of project plans; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle.
• Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
• Ensure financial health of the Program by preparing budgets, forecasting expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions in partnership with finance.
3. PROVIDE LEADERSHIP & DIRECTION FOR THE TEAM
• Effectively operate in a matrix and in fluid environments, proactive and forward thinking
• Simultaneously manage work across multiple threads of the organization.
• Communicate the program objectives, priorities and direction to all stakeholders.
• Ensure planned, regular, and effective communication of status, issues, risks, and actions among all persons and parties involved in the program.
• Establishes and manages a program level change control process that allows for submission of changes and impact assessment of changes.
• Continuously monitor development process and proactively work to identify and resolve issues within the projects and across programs.
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• 8 or more years of experience required in related discipline (i.e. strategy, consulting, product management, program management, change transformation, etc.). 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (i.e., MS/MBA or above).• Requires demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically to develop and launch growth solutions that support our strategic vision
• Extensive business development experience, including deal creation, execution and commercialization
• Extensive experience in start-up businesses and/or end-to-end product development experience, with entrepreneurial spirit
• Proven ability to successfully manage large, diverse technical and business teams both internally and externally (planning, budgeting, operations, compliance, human resources) using a collaborative leadership style
• Business understanding and working knowledge of the telecommunications industry, systems, and networks, as well as, current and emerging technologies and standards is very beneficial
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required in addition to excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong and demonstrable project management experience and large team facilitation skills required; experience developing & executing on detailed project plans
• Experience developing an operating plan and budget; experience managing multiple project budgets within a larger organization budget
• Must demonstrate a history of continuous learning and improvement
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• Experience in with high volume sales strategies and go to market execution
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired • Experience in Cloud, IOT and Telecommunications industry experience
• Experience In managing cross functional teams
• Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments
• Previous experience in management consulting focused on technology domains